Egg Freezing: Should I Freeze My Eggs?
The right time to have a baby is an especially personal decision that is unique to every woman or couple. For many, it takes significant thought and attention. Various factors may play a role in the decision to have a baby now or postpone having a child. Factors like careers or a medical condition certainly weigh in the decision. With today’s modern technology though, many women and couples find that the opportunity to freeze their eggs help to make the decision making process easier.
Reasons to Freeze Eggs
As a woman or couple still deciding on the best time to have a baby, you may choose to freeze your eggs now for the below reasons: - Career. Many women choose to focus on work and their career first, before growing a family. If this is your situation, you can decide to freeze your eggs in your 20’s or 30’s while you focus on your career.
- Single. If you have not found Mr. Right yet, and know your biological clock is ticking, you can consider freezing your eggs so that when Mr. Right comes along, you will have a supply of high quality eggs.
- Uncertain. Perhaps you are still on the fence as to whether you want children or not. Egg freezing provides you with the opportunity to have a baby in the future, if you decide later on in life that you want to become a parent.
- Medical condition. Do you have a medical condition that reduces the likelihood of you becoming pregnant? Whether you have endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, premature ovarian failure, or are going to have chemotherapy treatment for cancer, egg freezing preserves your eggs for your future.
- Recently divorced. Are you recently divorced and know you want to remarry and have a child with your future husband? Now might be the right time to freeze your eggs.
- Family planning. Do you already have a child, and know you want your child to have a sibling, but you are not ready to conceive just yet? If you know you want to conceive again when you are older and your egg supply is not as great as it was in your twenty’s, you can essentially preserve your fertility for the future.
Egg freezing through a New York Fertility Clinic helps many women and couples, whether for timing or other reasons, and preserve their younger viable eggs. For many, egg freezing has become a wonderful — and empowering — option to consider. To learn more about egg freezing, please contact us here at New York Reproductive Wellness at (516) 605-2626 today to schedule an appointment.